Saturday, October 13, 2012

Day 283 - Croup

Today, Emily and I had to go to Cincinnati to get my phone fixed.   Last week, Katelyn had a cough and a snotty nose, so when Emily woke up with a cough this morning, I didn't think a lot of it.  I called the nurses line at the pediatrician to see what we could do for her and while I was waiting, we bundled up and headed to our appointment.   While my phone was getting replaced (for free because of a battery defect), the ped called back and asked about Emily's symptoms and then said it sounded like she had croup.  My only experience with croup is that scene in Anne of Green Gables where Anne saves that little girl by dragging her outside in the cold and Emily really didn't seem that sick, so we decided I should just keep an eye on her and get her some Zyrtec while we were out.  So my phone is fixed and we needed lunch before we headed home.  The whole time I was eating, Emily was standing beside me leaning her head on my shoulder and every now and then she'd cough this awful cough.  So I decided to see if there was a pediatrician appointment and of course there wasn't so I made one for the morning.     By the time Nana came to take Katelyn to ballet, Emily was miserable.   Coughing and wheezy and she just wanted to lay around.  : (  So we headed off to Urgent Care.  They agreed that it was croup and gave us a steroid to help her feel better.



When she wasn't being sad and snuggly, Emily was carrying her blanket around the office like Linus, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment