Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 91 - Opposites

Last night, Katelyn spent all of dinner telling me all the opposites she knew. Up/Down, On/Off, Hot/Cold, ect. Today, she unintentionally showed us that she can grasp the concept of opposites, not just recite them.

It started when she didn't want to leave the place we were. She threw a fit and lost the movie she was going to borrow and made everyone cranky. She pulled her usual, "I don't love you. I don't need you. You're the meanest mommy ever!!" (Where do they learn this stuff at 4?!) So we get her in the car, and just because we're awful, we start talking about what Katelyn is going to do, since she doesn't need us anymore. We wonder out loud how she's going to get breakfast or her bath tomorrow, or even get out of her car seat once we get home. So of course her tune changes. Suddenly, "She does need us, and she does love us, and we're the nicest parents in the whole world!"

Sigh, and just this morning she was telling me that I was the best mommy ever.


Today's picture is of her crossing her arms and pouting in the backseat. I took one of her looking out the window and ignoring me, but my phone didn't save it.



Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment