Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day 167 - Emily and Katelyn's Room

Since she's been alive, Emily has slept in my room.  Our house only has two bedrooms and I thought that would be easier on Katelyn, she wouldn't get woken up in the middle of the night and then be too tired for school.  Plus, Emily has proven to be a very particular sleeper.  She likes white noise and total darkness, Katelyn likes her nightlight and tv on.  I've been dreading moving Emily to Katelyn's room, even though Katelyn has been begging me too, basically since Emily was born.

Today, we took the first step to transitioning Emily into Katelyn's room.  I don't think it's fair to Katelyn if she can't have her tv or her light (we picked the tv) and Emily will have an easier life if she learns to sleep with more distractions.  So we moved the pack and play into Katelyn's room.  (I'm thinking if Emily won't sleep, I have my room for a back up and the pack and play will keep her in place, so she knows she's actually in there too sleep.)

First, we had to clean Katelyn's bedroom and make sure that ALL of the tiny Barbie, Littlest Pet, Polly Pocket, ect, toys were cleaned up.  That was a big task!  (Katelyn's kind of a slob, lol)


Once it was all cleaned, we moved the pack and play in!  (The sheets are off the bunk bed because I realized we hadn't washed them since I put them on in January, they were kind of dusty!)


Then, it was time to show it to Emily!  She was very excited and wanted to get right in!  Zoe and Finn came to check it out too!



And then Katelyn figured out that she could put Emily in and out of the pack and play.  This made for about 20 minutes of Emily standing in front of it saying "want in?" and after Katelyn put her in, she'd turn around and say "want out?"


I was pretty nervous about bedtime and it did take FOREVER for Emily to fall asleep...she didn't go until it was dark, which is 10 pm right now! But, she DID fall asleep!


Big girl! One step closer to sleeping in her big girl bed!
















No comments:

Post a Comment