and the journaling:
2012 was the first year Katelyn was really aware
of what was going on, even though she
didn’t really understand it. At school,
of what was going on, even though she
didn’t really understand it. At school,
they got fun facts about each of the
candidates and had a mock election. Sunday
night, Katelyn asked me who I was voting
for and when I told her President Obama,
she was excited because that’s who she
wanted to vote for. So I was very surprised
when she came home on Monday, sad because
all of her friends were voting for Governor
Romney and she was going to have to too.
We talked about why it was important to
vote for what you believe in and not what
your friends believe in, but she went to
bed conflicted. Tuesday, was election morning
and Katelyn had a ton of questions about how voting
worked and finally, I offered to take her with me.
Luckily, we had a short wait in line and I showed her
how a ballot works and that I was voting the way I believed.
Even though most of our neighbors and family were
voting different from me. I was so proud of her
when she came home from school and not only did she
stand her ground, but she changed some of her friends
minds and President Obama won for her class!! That
night, she begged me to wake her up and tell her the
election results, but I made her wait until
morning. Meanwhile, I settled in for
what I thought would be a long night
of watching returns come in. However,
I was so happy when Fox News called
Ohio for the President around
11:15! I am so proud of our
country's decision to go FORWARD!
candidates and had a mock election. Sunday
night, Katelyn asked me who I was voting
for and when I told her President Obama,
she was excited because that’s who she
wanted to vote for. So I was very surprised
when she came home on Monday, sad because
all of her friends were voting for Governor
Romney and she was going to have to too.
We talked about why it was important to
vote for what you believe in and not what
your friends believe in, but she went to
bed conflicted. Tuesday, was election morning
and Katelyn had a ton of questions about how voting
worked and finally, I offered to take her with me.
Luckily, we had a short wait in line and I showed her
how a ballot works and that I was voting the way I believed.
Even though most of our neighbors and family were
voting different from me. I was so proud of her
when she came home from school and not only did she
stand her ground, but she changed some of her friends
minds and President Obama won for her class!! That
night, she begged me to wake her up and tell her the
election results, but I made her wait until
morning. Meanwhile, I settled in for
what I thought would be a long night
of watching returns come in. However,
I was so happy when Fox News called
Ohio for the President around
11:15! I am so proud of our
country's decision to go FORWARD!
No comments:
Post a Comment