Tuesday, September 6, 2011

249 - Sorting

Katelyn got a homework calendar on her first day of school.   It has a homework activity for every day and we need to do 3 activities each week.  Sometimes the activity involves Katelyn writing letters or numbers, but usually it's something we can do while I'm making dinner, like making a list of things that are gray or talking about school rules.  One of the things on the list is practicing sorting items and Katelyn loves to do this!   Today, Nana was trying to finish up our Emily related sewing projects and Katelyn kept herself busy by sorting Nana's buttons into colors.



Emily is due to arrive in 7 short weeks, so today Nana and I were working on finishing all of the projects we started!  We have a two bedroom house and my room is huge, so we're just going to be keeping Emily in our room until she is big enough to go in a real bed, when she gets to move in with Katelyn.   It was a real challenge to find baby stuff to match the red, white, and blue theme that our bedding is in, so we decided to make our own!   Luckily, Nana has a sewing machine, so she was able to sew the bumpers, recover my pink rocker, and make curtains.  She also stitched together the rag quilt that I cut out.   It's been a lot of work, but I think it turned out pretty good!!



(I still have to finish the art work, lol!)


(This chair used to be pink!)


No comments:

Post a Comment